Re: [OM] Zuikos and Hoya hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikos and Hoya hoods
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 23:40:00 EDT

<< Mostly I can avoid this by careful shading, but I am
 looking for a better hood than the current noname rubber one I use,
 which is probably not narrow enough. I noticed the OM hood for the
 35/2.8 also fits the 50/1.8 and 1.4, but I don't have one. I even tried
 the rubber hood from my 85/2 (also for 100/2.8) and it appears to
 work without vignetting wide open, at least through the finder. I'm
 sure tests shots will reveal soem vignetting though... >>

I just got in a Hoya multi lens hood for my 35-70/3.6.  It's really neat.  The
rubber ring has three folds so it gives you three positions: 35mm, 50mm and
70mm, for angles of view of 32, 44, and 78 degrees.  I also bought a 67mm one
for my Tamron 35-105/2.8.  These are ideal for medium range zooms.

Warren Kato