Re: [OM]Making a remote cord for Winder 2

Subject: Re: [OM]Making a remote cord for Winder 2
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:09:59 -0700
>From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
>On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:00:28 -0700, Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>...do you know if the button/jack assembly of
>>a winder can replace the "fat button" assembly on the MD1?
>
>AFAIK the button/jack asembly on top of the winders is exactly the
>same as that on top of the newer MD-1's. I think it must be feasible
>to exchange those two.

Thanks, Frank! I've had several winders apart, and they have a screw in the
plastic part that doesn't appear on my MD-1, so I wanted to ask before
ripping into it.

>...the oldies are getting rare - maybe even
>collectible....
>
>OTOH, if you use a good (vs. junk) winder to exchange the parts, you
>will have the rarest kind of winder afterwards... never made by
>Olympus.

I've got LOTS of stuff like that! The first thing I do after buying
something is void the warranty! :-) Unfortunately, any modification tends
to destroy "collectible" value. Fortunately, I don't give a hoot about
collectibility -- I make mods to improve equipment that I intend to use
until it falls apart.

>If you want my help: I have several redundant winders (and motordrives
>with the small button and jack combo)...

Thanks for the offer, but it's against my religion to canabolize working
equipment. If you have a *broken* Winder or later MD, I'd be interested!

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229