Re: [OM] XA lens quality

Subject: Re: [OM] XA lens quality
From: "Jim Loudon" <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 13:54:58 PDT
> The Stylus (1st version, not Epic) is definitely inferior,
> lens-wise, to the XA.

Did I miss an "IMHO"? :-)

You're about the last person I'd want to disagree with, Doris,
but that hasn't been my experience.  I'd rate the overall optical
performance of my mju-1 to be at least the equal of my XA.  Maybe
it's sample variation, but this is what I see with mine.  Your
experience is obviously different, and given the number of XAs
you own, you're obviously a _big_ XA fan.

I know my particular XA has difficulty rendering details in
the highlights, and my mju-1 doesn't.  Simple as that, and
that's why I've taken something of a revisionist stance with
respect to the XA.

YMMV :-)

jim