Re: [OM] Re: Protective filter for 18mm f/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Protective filter for 18mm f/3.5
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:59:44 -0700
Tim Clark wrote:

>I just purchased a very nice used 18mm f/3.5 Zuiko today*, and am worried
>about that front element bulging out unprotected.  I have seen that a
"49-72
>step up adapter" is needed if I want a Sky-1A running interference for this
>sweetheart. Are these available as a one shot deal, or do they have to be
>built up with progressively bigger adapters?

You can try www.accesscamera.com in Denver, CO. they have the original
Olympus brand 49-72 adapter for $21.02. It will serve as both a lens hood
and filter adapter. This is a few bucks more than an off brand, but then you
wouldn't be committing sacrilege by placing an off brand adapter on such a
fine and rare lens. If you can afford the 18mm f3.5, a few bucks extra
shouldn't be a problem. I'm *very* jealous. Congratulations on your new toy!

Regards,
John Austin