Re: [OM] XA optical quality

Subject: Re: [OM] XA optical quality
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:52:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, William Sommerwerck wrote:

> I owned an XA some years ago, and usually shot 'chromes. The lens is a
> little soft at the edges. How visible this would be in 4x6 prints is not
> clear. (No joke intended.)
> In any case, the XA lens is good, but not great.

  The respected French magazine Chasseur D'Images tested the XA, and I
remember at f/5.6 it yielded around 60lpm's. Not stellar, but not shabby,
either.
  Look at it this way, the fabled EOS-1n, F5's AF systems on the average
focus no better than 45 lpm's. The M6's rangefinder (inferior to the M3's)
does far, far better.

                                    *= Doris Fang =*