[OM] Spam Complaint

Subject: [OM] Spam Complaint
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:13:54 -0700
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, abuse@xxxxxxx

The following is unsolicited email (spam) that was apparently delivered via your facilities. This spam is especially onerous, because it was sent to an unmoderated mail list of camera enthusiasts. For that reason, I am unable to supply you with complete header information, but I did do a "traceroute" from itc2-callback.com, and you are the first link with a RARP domain name.

If the sender is your customer, please inform your customer of your policies regarding spam and take other action as appropriate. If you allow such use, kindly notify us so we can block your entire domain in our router.

If the sender is not your customer, please be aware that perhaps your SMTP server is not secured, and is being "hijacked" to send spam, or perhaps that your good name is being besmirched through a header forgery. Either way, we'd hope you'll investigate this theft of your resources.

>Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:12:29 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "callback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <callback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] AD: Save Up To 500n International Calling !
>
>Message sent by: ITC Int'l Callback, 25 Tarhelia Lane, Whittier, NC 28789,
>1-828-497-6282. To be removed click reply with ìremoveî in the subject.
>

> Save Up To 500n International Calling
>
>- - No need to switch your current provider
>- - No sign-up fees, or monthly fees
>- - Ideal for Home or Business
>- - Rates apply 24 hrs/day, 7 days per week
>- - Quality, reliable service
>- - Monthly call detail reports
>
>Here is a sample of some of our rates FROM the USA To:
>
> International Rates (US$) Per Minute Rates
>(Commercial: 6 Sec. Billing) (Residential: 60 Sec. Billing)
>
>COUNTRY RATE COUNTRY RATE COUNTRY RATE
>- ------- ---- ------- ---- ------- ----
>Australia .23 Germany .23 Poland .41
>Belgium .28 Japan .34 Russia .59
>Brazil .65 Korea, South .41 Sweden .18
>Canada .14 Netherlands .25 Switzerland .27
>China .75 New Zealand .28 United Kingdom .14
>France .23 Norway .25 Venezuela .50
>

>Contact us for more information at: callback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For SERVICE information, type "info" in the subject line.
>

> ******* AGENTS NEEDED WORLDWIDE ******
>
>$ Earn Extra Income $ signing up friends, family, and business
>associates. Attractive commission rates, and NO sign-up fees.
>
>For AGENT information, type "agent" in the subject line.
>
>Please include your full name, when requesting agent information.
>
>Thank You!

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229