Re: [OM] Should he buy the OM-2s?

Subject: Re: [OM] Should he buy the OM-2s?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 18:03:30 -0500
At 05:03 PM 9/9/1998 +0100, you wrote snippedly:
>OM content: I am about to commit to an OM2Spot Program which was advertised
>in March this year.  I bought a 300/4.5 off the vendor (not cheap at £250)
>and that works fine, but for a little circular play of the sort mentioned
>some months ago.
>
>I probably don't need another body (have OM1N and OM4).  Is anyone going to
>disuade me from spending £200 on this body?  Is this a service that we
>provide for fellow Zuikoholics...or do we allow each other to spend, spend,
>spend?
>

>Chris Barker <><

Hi Chris,

No camera is redundant as long as there is an alternative type of film to
shoot with it. The OM-2S makes a wonderful walkaround job. You could keep
the Velvia in the 4T and shoot faster E6 or print film in the 2S. Or
vice-versa.

I've over time segregated my kit into two types of bodies, corresponding to
two ways of shooting. The OM-1s are by and large my tripod cameras;  the
OM-2n and -2s are hand-held and flash bodies.  (There are countless
exceptional instances to this generalization, however.)  Multiple bodies
gives me some choices in both scenarios.

Have some fun.  Who's gonna enjoy it more than you?

Joel