[OM] music

Subject: [OM] music
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:19:59 -0400
>>As for LP versus CD... I've made enough live recordings to know that,
generally speaking, digital recorders are more accurate than analog
recorders, and that CDs or tape recordings (especially open-reel)
usually sound more like the master tapes from which they are derived
than LPs do. (This is easily demonstrated by comparing an LP with the CD
derived from the same tape. I've done it.) >>

So have I, and generally speaking, that would certainly be different than
my experience. As one example, I just compared the DCC 180g LP pressing of
'The Doors' with a CD counterpart, and there's a huge difference in favor
of the LP.

>>The LP is not a bad recording medium, but it's a terrible playback
medium, and it needs expensive technology to get really good sound out of
it. >>

Agreed. Those clicks and pops are a grim reminder.

Denton