Re: [OM] Zuiko 150-300/f4 (dreaming again)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 150-300/f4 (dreaming again)
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:28:10 -0700
To my limited knowledge Oly has never had a 150-300 zoom, or even one close
to it.

I once had a 100-300 f/5 zoom (Vivitar).  At first I thought it was the
greatest thing in the world.  But rather quickly I noticed it lacked the
same qualities as my other lenses - crisp sharpness and snappy contrast.
This was also the beginning of learning that slow lenses and fast moving
subjects don't mix.  I have many an example of perfectly exposed blurs.  200
MPH demands speed :-).  Now, make that a 100-300 f/2.8 and we can
talk.......

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.

Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wondered: