Re: [OM] Serial numbers

Subject: Re: [OM] Serial numbers
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:22:42 -0500
>> How else would you explain the fact that mine was
>>  built about 1989-1990 but would have had such an early number?
>
>How do you know it was built then?  It could have sat in dealer stock for a
>decade before you came along and bought it.

It was ordered by a pro-photog who had to wait something like 6 months or a
year to get it.  When it finally arrived he was in the hospital dying of
cancer.  He screwed a skylight on it, mounted it on an OM, looked through
it, put it back in the box and he died a week later.  The estate sold off
his equipment through our store and I got first dibs on it.  At the time
Olympus was quoting something like 9 months for the 35/shift and two years
for the 24/shift.

Ken N.