[OM] Serial numbers

Subject: [OM] Serial numbers
From: Mike Bloor <mikbloor@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:42:03 +0100
I have looked at the serial numbers of all the Olympus equipment I own.  The
serial numbers seem to follow no pattern at all.  The first lens I ever
bought (an early 50mm 1.8) has the second highest serial number of all my
equipment, including lenses which did not even exist when I bought the 50mm.

If someone out there thinks that they can bring some sense to the numbers we
could all send lists of our equipment (item, age if known, serial number,
MC/SC if known) and it might provide a resourse which would help us guage
the age and specification of other equipment offered for sale.

Mike Bloor.