Re: [OM] Back on the list

Subject: Re: [OM] Back on the list
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 11:22:47 +0100
>The new iMac may (or may not, I have no idea) be highly sophisticated
>but I can't help but be amused over the amount of press comment about
>the 'look' of the new Mac.  Usually people are swayed by the
>computers performance, not by the pretty case.
>
>Tom  (currently putting on my flame proof suit.)

Normal, sensible people I dare to suggest are looking for perfomance and
longevity... but you know what Dilbert says about marketeers?  "They even
believe their own promotions!" (or words to that effect).

Now if the marketing dept at Olympus tried selling a high-end SLR instead
of 1M Mju-IIs...

Chris