Re: [OM] 65-200mm f4 Zuiko Zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] 65-200mm f4 Zuiko Zoom
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 23:45:15 -0700
I've had this lens since around 1982.  It has served me well.  Far better than
the Soligor and Vivitar zooms that preceeded it in my collection and
self-destructed.  I like the lens.  Sharpness is comparable to a friends'
Nikkor 80-200/4.  Macro is a nice feature (though it's no substitute for a true
macro lens like my 90, so I seldom use it anymore).  And I personally prefer
it's one toch zoom/focus to the 2 touch of some of the other zooms.  EG when
I'm using my 28-48, I always seem to turn the zoom when I want to focus.  With
the 65-200, I'm in much better control.  I've never noticed the vignetting
others have seen at f/4, but then I almost never shoot this lens wide open.
I don't know how many/few are out there.  I think I saw JH say recently that
it's the only zoom Oly is still servicing.  Couple this with the 28-48 and a
fast 50  makes a nice versatile carry round trio.

george