Re: [OM] Re: 200 f/4 and 200 f/5 again

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 200 f/4 and 200 f/5 again
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:49:54 -0800
On  1 Sep 98 at 17:40, lclark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I can only repeat the rhapsodic evaluation I gave some time ago on this
> list -- the 200 mm f/5.0 is a wonderful lens. The images one can make
> with it are very crisp, with a very appealing three-dimensional quality
> to them.

I used a 200 f5 when I was first learning on my Dad's OM-2. Because I found it
difficult to focus with a 1-13 screen, it didn't see as much use as it could
have. When I did use, it was usually after swapping to a 1-8 screen, and then I
would often use the 200 and a Vivitar 300mm. I did find the sharpness and
contrast of the 200 was *way* above that of the Vivitar. Sadly, this lens,
along with a 24/2.8 and the OM-2 succumbed to seawater in a winter storm about
12 years ago...