Re: [OM] Removing Gooey Foam.

Subject: Re: [OM] Removing Gooey Foam.
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:11:10 +0100
Stuart Goggin informed us:
> To anyone that has to remove black foam Goo,
>
> Someone on this list mentioned the citrus based goo remover,   it's sold as
> something like "Goo Off" here in Asutralia.  Its some sort of orange based
> cleaner designed for removing adhesive labels and other types of stains.
>
> Just wanted to let you know that this stuff is the best thing since sliced
> bread for removing black Goo.    The liquid is apparently safe to use on any
> surface, so there is no risk of removing paint etc, and the camera smells
> really nice afterwards ;-)

Hmm,  The nearest UK item I know that resembles this is a hand
cleaner sold by a very select few motor accessory shops called "Fast
Orange". I have used this exclusively for the last few years since my
hands became sensitive to nearly all the other mineral oil based hand
cleansers.  The so called safe Swarfega brings out my excema at the
first application, but Fast Orange has never caused me the slightest
problem.  It used to have pumice powder in it as well as the orange
extract - (Oly content) this would NOT have been a good cleaner for
Oly stuff - but it now has only a moisturiser type cream.

--

Ian  <IMS>
                  OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.