Re: [OM] Which camera?/ Sticky needle in OM 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Which camera?/ Sticky needle in OM 1
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Aug 98 15:58:39 +1000
Cc: sgoggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- Begin Message ---
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Aug 98 16:08:53
ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> I was told that a wire / solder connection from the battery in OM1's can
> deteriorate and drop the voltage which caused the needle to stick.

This makes sense.  My OM-1 has had it's battery wire reconnected at
least once already.  The wire itself was very old and brittle and had
snapped at/near the battery terminal.  It is probably not a happy
conductor at the other end either.

When I fixed it (remove bottom panel, spot broken wire, reattach wire,
wipe brow), I didn't go further into the camera, as I am (probably
quite rightly) frightened off by John's horror stories of self-repair
disasters.

Chris.

--
| Christopher J. Biggs -|- R & D Software Engineer,  Stallion Technologies |
| chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -|- VoiceNet. +61 7 3270-4266  Fax. +61 7 3270-4245 |