[OM] Screens and astrophotography

Subject: [OM] Screens and astrophotography
From: "Michael A. Covington" <covington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:03:47 -0400
> According to them (Camera Repair Shop   Milwaukee Wis) Olympus no langer
> makes any screens for the Om1 series. Anyone know where I can get ahold
>of a 1-8 if that is a good selection for the camera.
>Christiaan

All the 1-series screens for the OM-2/3/4 fit the OM-1; only the 2-series
screens do not.  But what you should get is a Beattie Intenscreen.  After
trying all the other systems (plain groundglass, crosshairs, etc.) I put a
Beattie screen in my camera and have never taken it out -- it works fine
from f/1.4 to f/200!

John Hermanson (on this list) is offering Beattie screens at bargain prices.

There will be lots of Olympus information in the next edition of
Astrophotography for the Amateur (my book).

Enjoy,

Michael A. Covington  /  AI Center  /  The University of Georgia
http://www.mindspring.com/~covington/astro   <><