(Fwd) Re: [OM] Mirror lenses: Gary Schloss's Photos

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [OM] Mirror lenses: Gary Schloss's Photos
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:58:38 -0800
Date:          Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:51:15 -0700
From:          "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:            olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:            swright@xxxxxxxxx, swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:       Re: [OM] Mirror lenses: Gary Schloss's Photos

I too thought that both images looked fine and delivered their own
message.  You must not forget that the street scene image is totally
accurate for many places as Shawn mentioned and I venture to add New
London, Conn. during the AM hours most of the time.
  I too have a cat lens with a brand name starting with a "K" and made
in the USSR boldly engraved in it.  It is what it is and I accept that,
I know it doesn't zoom like my 35-70 f3.6 and it doesn't deliver tack
sharp closeups like my 90 f2.5 T_m_on.  What it did do really good was
to take very good pictures of the military ships from where it was
built.  It did this very well from the sail of the $80 million dollar
tripod called a submarine that I called home for many years.  I never
saw any of the dreaded "golfballs" in my results, but then again, maybe
I never demanded that it perform in those situations.
Rand E.

P.S.  Shawn, my man thanks you for your help in my problem.
     Again I am send one to list, one to swright@sls--, and one to
swright@xxxxxxxx--