Re: [OM] Storms and OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Storms and OMs
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Aug 1998 12:13:17 +1000
Robert Ashdown <RobertA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> I was caught in that same storm, but, best luck, I had the old OM2N with
> 5 frames of Velvia left in it, a 28 Zuiko and, by some stroke of good
> fortune, my tripod. I was standing on a rock in the middle of Tingalpa
> Creek at low tide, taking shots of the storm as it arrived right on top
> of me. Had a bit of a worry about being hit by lightning then drifting
> out into Moreton Bay to be found several weeks later near Moreton
> Island, identified by dental records and camera serial numbers.

But surely the wonderful hunk of quality metal that is your OM would
take the hit for you and conduct it down the tripod, leaving you with
only singed eyebrows and a pressing need for minor repairs to your
OM-2?

> As it was I had a 20 minute walk home in pouring rain! Get the shots
> back today I hope.

Yow, there was hail in that rain where I was (Indooroopilly)...

cjb

--
     __
    /  \
     ||chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One more infobahn cliche couldn't hurt...