Re: [OM] Ethics Revisted

Subject: Re: [OM] Ethics Revisted
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:25:29 EDT
Hi Joel:

> Gary, it seems to me that you have earned the right to a choice comment or
>  two on eBay's "seller's feedback" function. I've never bothered bidding on
>  an item from a stinker (and I always check a seller's feedback).
>
>  But hey, Gary, you nominated these guys for the Jerks of the 'Net Award a
>  few weeks ago. Whence comes this gluttony for punishment?

I knew better than to bid on a Pittsburg item (although a few of their OM
Flash Group things actually made reserve!), so maybe I'm just sore, eh?  But
they were just begging for a whipping!  And I needed an example for my
hypothesis.  Frank's comments about proxy bidding are well taken.  However,
I'm no fool for Pittsburg's idea of a buying price.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV