Re: [OM] Which camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which camera?
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:30:01 -0400
All 2Ss have standby battery drain, up to twice as high as a new 4Ti.  The 2S
was
in production for such a short time that the factory never modified or improved
the circuit (and now there ARE no circuits, anyway).
A 2S with a RED flash ready LED is powered by the flash batteries (low camera
drain).  A GREEN flash ready LED is the old style which is powered by the camera
batteries.  ALL 2Ss came with the GREEN (high drain) LED (99ure), the RED led
mod came out after body production had ended.
Are there any 2S owners out there, who know for sure they are the original first
time buyer of their 2S, which came with a RED led?  The RED led mod was only
done
when the customer specifically complained about battery drain with T flash.

John
Camtech
http://www.zuiko.com