Re: [OM] So how is Camera Traders, Ltd as a mail ordered dealer

Subject: Re: [OM] So how is Camera Traders, Ltd as a mail ordered dealer
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:19:02 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:38:06 PDT you write:
>>I can second this opinion of Camera Traders Ltd.
>
>So how is Camera Traders, Ltd. as a mail order dealer?  I saw some things
>on their web site that interest me, but I have not called them yet.  The
>item has been on their web site for several weeks now (last updated
>08/05/98).  If I call them, would they say "Sorry, that item has been
>sold, but we have this other one ..."?

No, I called them for the 180/2.8... The guy went away for a sec, then
came back and said "I can supply that lens".  I recieved it a few days
later.  Be aware, though, that if you are looking at an out of date web
site, you will occassionally find that something there has been sold,
perhaps to be replaced by another of the same item in better condition.
My point about Genesis is that this happens *every time* I call them, so
it seems more like a ploy than a coincidence.  Note that when I say "out
of date" website, I mean any web site listing over one (1) day old.

Cheers,
--Lee