[OM] Classic 20 Cameras

Subject: [OM] Classic 20 Cameras
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 07:40:42 +0100
You may be interested in the list of 20 classic cameras that Photo
Technique (UK monthly, sister to the weekly Amateur Photographer) printed
in September's edition:

In no particular order: Olympus Trip 35, Olympus OM4Ti, Mamiya C330, Nikon
F90X, Canon EOS1 (Elan??), Leica M6, Nikon F3, Mamiya 7, Contax RTS,
Minolta XD-7, Hasselblad 500CM, Pentax K1000,  Polaroid SX-70, Rollei B35,
Practica MTL-3, Fuji Panorama GX617, Kodak DCS520, Canon Ixus, Nikonos-V,
Bronica ETRSi.

You can infer from the variety of cameras that the criteria were quite
broad - popularity being one of them.  The Trip is described thus: "... it
soon gained a reputation for being a well-made, simple, quality camera, and
for someone wanting a 35mm camera withjout being bothered by
interchangeable lenses and other accessories, this was the perfect product.
It sold so well that production continued for 18 years, ending in Dec 1984."

Shawn, we bought our son's Trip for £45 from an expensive, high quality
shop in Cambridge in England (Campkins).  You can get them for less, and
the results are excellent.

Chris