Re: [OM] T20 Question, and new T32 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 Question, and new T32 Question
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:03:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/98 7:47:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  glued mine in place (T32) with the calculator panel facing out. If I want
 to use TTL flash, I set the flash to manual (32 or 16) and camera to auto.
 When you put the calculator panel in reverse for TTL auto, it just switches
 the flash to manual, and gets shut off by the camera.

 The calculator panel is still good in TTL auto. If you're selected to TTL,
 you  cannot shoot at f22 at 2 meters (100 ASA). So the panel is still
 useful. >>

Interesting. I guess this whole TTL flash business is actually simpler than I
thought. Quite elegant in function, actually, except it makes me wonder why
Olympus bothered with those fragile, easy to lose, removable calculator panels
on the T flashes. Just label the far left switch position "Manual/TTL", and
maybe add some kind of safety lock so the switch doesn't slide around. Oh
well, I don't suppose we'll see any new T-series flashes from them anytime
soon, will we? (Although an update to the F280, without the now-useless focus
assist lamp, would seem to be in order).

On a related note, does anybody have any recommendations for a good diffuser
head for the T32?

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI