Re: [OM] "COMA CAMERAS"

Subject: Re: [OM] "COMA CAMERAS"
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:17:53 -0400
At 11:18 AM 8/17/98 -0700, you wrote:
> Yeah, my wife doesn't read this stuff either, SO... Recommendations for
>Oly P&S for someone who really doesn't want to do anything but kinda sorta
>compose the picture and push the button?  Needs to have good zoom
>capability and built in strobe because what it replaces has pretty good
>glass.
>In this instance, price is not really a consideration (Under $1000 US) as
>it will be used for a long time, assuming APS and or digital don't obsolete
>the medium.   So what does this august body recommend, a Stylus, or what?
>
>Patrick

There is an N70 N*k*n floating around here just for that purpose.  It gets
used by visitors/relatives upon occasion.  I highly recommend it as a P&S
in its default "Program 0" setting.  The multisegment matrix metering is
about as good as it gets and seldom blows an exposure.  Ours has been
dropped on to a cement floor from 5 1/2 feet without injury.  3.7 fps and
autofocus for  those who need it.  I wouldn't trade my OM1md for one, but
it is a decent P&S with a quick manual focus selector switch.

Jim in Delaware