Re: [OM] TTL auto cord 0.3m

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL auto cord 0.3m
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 17:54:32 -0700
On 16 Aug 98, at 15:20, John Petrush wrote:

> The image clearly shows the cord I use with my T-series units alright.  What
> I do not know is if the Auto 310 uses a similar connector or cord; I've only
> seen one once and that was years ago.

Thanks. Nope, the 310 uses a small spade adjacent to a round
plug (similar to a PC terminal but smaller) at the flash, and either a
PC jack (for non-TTL), or a shoe 2 adapter for TTL at the camera. I
used a non-TTL cord for a while until getting a bounce grip, which
has a built in PC cord. (why did they make the bounce grip non
TTL?)
I'd love to have a T32 or similar, but the 310 has been flawless for
20+ years now, so I can't really complain.

What is the *full* recycle time for a T-32 with bounce grip, in actual
use? I was quite surprised to find my 310 seemed very slow (3-4
seconds). Do they get worse with age? Normally in 8-12 foot range,
the 310 can fire almost continuously, but I found the 20 foot shots
were really a problem. (with ISO 400)

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright