Re: [OM] (OM)Control Pack 2 Charging.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM)Control Pack 2 Charging.
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:53:30 +1000
>Can anyone tell me if using an after market power supply will damage the
>control pack?

I don't know about the control pack, but the best chargers have some sort of
auto cntrol, depending upon the type of cell.

Lead acid chargers will charge at the 10 hour rate until gassing (terminal
potential of 2.7(I think) volts per cell)

Nicad will charge until the temperature gets to a certain point (they have
very little difference in voltage between discharged and fully charged) The
15 minute chargers pump in a far bit of current and monitor the battery
temperature. Next time you see a battery for a model car or battery drill,
you will notice 3 or 4 contacts, not 2. The extra contact/s is/are for the
internal temperature device.

Some chargers discharge the battery before recharging to avoid memory
problems.

How does this affect your situation? I'm not sure, but just putting the
"correct" voltage on the battery in not always as simple as it sounds.

Foxy