Re: [OM] AF 35-70 Zoom for Manual

Subject: Re: [OM] AF 35-70 Zoom for Manual
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:25:51 GMT
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:42:03 +0000, "Richard Dale"
<Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm not sure whether there has been a thread on this, but has anyone seen
>or used the
>AF lens designed for the manual system. It was featured in the OM 4
>brochure up to the mid 80s.
>It has a 'gondola' extension underneath.
>Has it any more than curiosity value.
>Richard

Hello Richard.

Yes, I own this lens indeed, bought together with an OM-30 (eq. to
OM-F) some years ago. It is an self contained auto focus lens, which
can be used with all OM cameras. The 'gondola' holds the AF sensor
with motor and 3 AAA batteries.
You would get most profit from it when using it on this OM-F, because
then the autofocus mechanism can be set to work by pressing the
shutter halfway down, while on other OM's you will have to use buttons
in an awkward position on the lefthand side of the lens housing.

Not long ago I sold a spare set of these (OM-F with AF lens in exc++
condition) for the equivalent of $325. This might give you an idea of
the value of the lens.

Hope this helps,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland