Re: [OM] Henri Cartier Bresson - OM equivalent to Leica M + 35/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Henri Cartier Bresson - OM equivalent to Leica M + 35/2?
From: Clyde Soles <csoles@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:05:35 -0600
>>Fave lenses: I have taken the vast majority of my shots on 35mm and 50mm,
>>often I only take these two, but I do wonder whether a 40mm is that perfect
>>in-between focal length...

>You may not wish to become sentimental about your OMs but, if you are
>anything like me, the 40mm is the perfect focal length partly because you
>do not have one! :-)

Well I do have one and agree! Recently returned from a 3 week trip in the
European Alps that gave me a variety of shooting ops. I was planning to
just take my Mamiya 6 system and a Horizon panorama but reading this list
shamed me into adding some OM at the last minute. So I also packed along a
4t, 18, 40, 180, and 1.4x (the T32 was going anyway because it works
beautifully on the Mamiyas)...you know, a minimalist system ;-) Ended up
using everything I carried but especially liked the 40mm both for its size
and its vision. It is an exceptional lens IMHO (even if I paid "too much"
according to some of you) though it doesn't handle flare very well with the
sun in the frame. With a handgrip on the 4t, the combo has a great feel in
the hand too.

PS anyone have a trick for keeping the lenscap of the 18 from falling off
way too easily?