[OM] ASA setting and exposure compensation

Subject: [OM] ASA setting and exposure compensation
From: Wiliam.Wagenaar0.000000E+00DSKSGNETHERLANDS0.000000E+00DSNETHERLANDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:55:39 +0100
To a question about setting a high ASA number and extending is by setting
the exposure compensation knob Doris Fang wrote:
-----
> You could "set" the meter at 3200 by setting it at 1600 and -1 on the
>exposure compensation dial. But a bit of a warning. If you do not have
>experience with this, shoot a test roll before going on the job. That
>way you'll have some knowledge and confidence.
-----

As far as I know this will not work. The combines ASA setting and exposure
compensation knob is just an adjustable resistance which starts at an
ASA-setting and ands at another ASA setting. If you dial the maximum ASA
setting and then want to dial in exposure compensation -1 (so you would set
an even higher ASA) you exceed the limit of this.

I think you can see this immediately when looking through the finder and
trying this. The meter indication should vary extremely.

Hope this helps.

Wiliam