Re: [OM] Spot Meter reading vs OTF; Ease of 4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Spot Meter reading vs OTF; Ease of 4T
From: Brice1021@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 19:57:56 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-01 14:18:30 EDT, Joel wrote:

<< It sounds, then, as though the shadow and highlight feature is actually
 dual-spot, or average of exposure extremes, or something like the
 black-and-white point feature on my scanner.  Is this correct?  Does the
 camera automatically "find" these values when you use this feature?

 Joel  >>

Joel,
Sorry if I confused you.  The camera only lets you use one button or the other
at a time.  You cannot use them simultaneously to get an average.  Think of
highlight & shadow as a push-button exposure compensation dial.  Using them
will simply bias the exposure by a predetermined amount (either +2 or -2 2/3).

Bill Rice
RLB, Illinois