Re: [OM] Oly docs and PDF

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly docs and PDF
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:15:10 EDT
Hi Paul:

<< For instance, I wondered for a while as to why the viewfinder image was so
dark in comparison to my older 2 and 2n bodies.  Also why the meter indication
was off by a full stop from the other bodies. With the wonderful store of info
here and in the OLY FAQ's I learned that the finder screen should be one of
the "2" series, not as I discovered when removing the screen from my new toy,
a 1-13 screen. >>

Actually, here are the facts.
1) The supplied screen was a "n" model in the 1 series, not a 2 series screen,
which wasn't produced at that time,
2) your meter probably needs adjustment OR your other cameras are off.
3) the image is dimmer because part of the light passes through a semi-
silvered mirror to a light meter mounted piggy-back fashion.

Nothing worse then meters that don't agree.  I hiked 10 arduous miles on
Sunday for some shots only to mess them up because I THOUGHT both OM body
meters were off.  I also couldn't get enough travel out of the plunger of my
cable release, thus ruining some shots (primarily with the 4x5) that had to be
hand tripped.  Such are times when one should be happy they aren't a full-time
professional photographer.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV