Re: [OM] Documentation & 135mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Documentation & 135mm question
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:29:46 EDT

<< Also, is there any cheap third party lenses in the 135/2.8 range that are
not too
 bad?  Usually the 135mm seems to be an easy lens to get right, even for off
 brand makers.  I have a 50/1.4 Zuiko now but the 135 is nice to have.

 Manitoba Rob >>
If you look hard enough, you can probably find an Olympus 135f2.8 for around
$100.  I nearly bought one last week from a consignment store here in Orlando
for that price.  An alternative lens, a little slower but more versital, is
the Zuiko 75-150 f4.0.  It should be available in that price range, too.  I
have a Tokina 35-135 at the consignment store that can be had for under $100.
Another lens that, to me, is very good is a Sigma 120-300 f5.6-8.  While it is
slow incomparison to primes, it is a super addition to my 35-105.  It also
comes with a close up lens and shoots macro at 300mm.  That one I picked up on
close out for around $80.
An off brand 135f2.8 should be available in Vivitar, Sigma, Tokina, Tamron,
and dozens of lesser known brands for between $20 and $40.  Try KEH in
Atlanta; Beach Camera in Daytona Beach: or, B&H used.  They're all on-line.
Or grab a ShutterBug.
Hope this helps
Ed