[OM] good deal?

Subject: [OM] good deal?
From: Animal <terrapin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:05:13 +0000
Howdy all.
Time to move out of lurker mode and ask a few questions.
First of all I am a professional newspaper photographer shooting all
Olympus bodies and mainly zuiko with a smattering of tamron, tokina and
vivitar lenses.
I have run into what I think is a good deal, but want verification
before I drop the wad.
The seller has a stash that consists of
two OM4s, one of which has a ding that prevents the film counter from
moving, but otherwise in ready-to-shoot status which is all I'm
interested in.
Lens
zuiko 85 F2, 65-200 zoom, 50 1.8, 135 3.5
vivitar 28-105 3.5-4.5
sigma 24 2.8 and 2X converter
Olympus winder 2
And a silver case.
He originally wanted $450 but has since decided $525 is a fairer price.
Please respond to me personally because I am in digest mode and will be
meeting with the seller Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. EST.
In the meantime on the question of my top ten.
I never leave home without my XA
At work it's the OM4 and OM3 with an OM2 and OM1 as backup.
Number one on the list
My zuiko 24 2.8, have two and always have one on a body loaded and
ready.
Next, my Tamron 300 2.8, cheaper than the zuiko and side-by-side as far
as newspaper reproduction is concerned, a hell of a bargain.
Zuiko 100 2.0
tokina 80-200 2.8
zuiko 35 2.0
zuiko 35-105 for family shots where the zoom is more convenient.
vivitar 17 3.5 for really wide angle shots.
And finally 50 1.4, really all I use this for is basketball under the
basket when I'm forced to move too far back to use the 35.
I know it's not 10 lenses, but for my needs it covers the full gamut of
what I run into.
With that in mind, I may be selling some of this stash if I buy it. I
really need the bodies, but I'm wide open on the extra lenses.
Sorry for the rambling
Onward thru the fog
David Conner
terrapin@xxxxxxxxxxx