Re: [OM] "You regret more...."

Subject: Re: [OM] "You regret more...."
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 08:44:39 EDT
Hi Folks--
I'm new to the list (first day 7/27) and was prodded by Giles' quotation "you
regret more the things you didn't do in life, rather than those you did" as an
extension of one by my dear old Dad.  He was a teacher of photography for
years in the Cleveland area, and every time he'd buy a new pricey camera or
lens, he'd say,

"The pain of purchase soon dissipates".

Man, has that helped me through some decisions about whether to get the
cheaper, but less desirable item, or the one I really wanted.  My wife rolls
her eyes, but sure enough, in short order, the pleasure of using the new toy
is all you remember.

-Tim Clark