Re: Desert Island Kit - Was [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN

Subject: Re: Desert Island Kit - Was [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 00:52:30 -0500
At 11:08 PM 7/24/1998 -0400, John you wrote:
>I'd pick the OM-1n without hesitation.  Not likely to be a reliable source
>of batteries on a desert island.  My one lens?  I keep coming back to that
>35-80.........  The only accessories are a tripod and cable release.

It would also have to be -- in my case -- the OM-1. The chrome one, I
think. I don't know how I'd live without the 85/f2, but I did live without
it for a long time, so I'd go with the 35-70/f3.5-4.5 if I could only have
one lens. If it had to be one prime and one prime only, I'd still forebear
the 85 and take the 50/f1.4. In addition to the tripod and eyecup +
diopter, I'd take a winder and remote cord (my desert island has plenty of
batteries of all sorts), lock up the mirror and bracket away on Pro
Kodachrome 25!

Joel