Re: [OM] Battery source for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery source for OM-1
From: CetusSoft@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:42:31 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/98 4:15:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>>I guess I'll apologize (sort of) for telling people where to buy their
>>camera batteries (snip), but I
>>would ask that you NOT do anything to cause "Mr. All Capitals" to start
>>numerous postings on the OM list.
>
>Fred, I never meant to or in any way alluded to the inclusion
>of the battery guy into this list. I only included his name in
>here as a possible source for batteries (which you had not listed)
>for the many OM owners who might need them. I've done business
>with dozens of people in sundry places on the net, and know better
>than to drag anyone in here. Thanks for your concern and for
>listing yet a second source for the batteries.

Doris:

Oh, I do understand -  I intended to infer nothing against you at all, who
were trying to be helpful to other mercury-deprived denizens of the OM list -
<g>.  Furthermore, my use of "you" (as you quoted above) was a generic plural
"you", intended as a suggestion for all on the list.  We all benefit from tips
from each other on the list, but I was just suggesting that (based on past
performance elsewhere) none of us should do anything to invite what could
become a nuisance frequent commercial posting.

As an aside, but still entirely related, I should say that I personally have
nothing against commercial postings, as long as they are not too frequent in
nature, and as long as they are appropriate (in this case, Olympus-related)
for the list.  (However, this is just a personal opinion, and I do not know
what the OM list's charter has to say about this.)

Doris, just keep up providing all of your useful input to the list, and I'll
try and keep my blithering to a minimum (though I may not succeed - <g>).
Thanks.

Fred