Re: [OM] Lassen Park report

Subject: Re: [OM] Lassen Park report
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:42:48 -0800
Matthew J. Cordery wrote:

>For those of you interested in nature photography, I can highly
>recommend going to Lassen [National] Park in Northern California
[snip]

I must second Matthew's recommendation. Lassen National Park is a
gem, and, being a bit off the beaten track, it is often overlooked
by the hoards (herds?) of tourists visiting California each year.
The same is true of the equally spectacular Redwood National Park
(north of Eureka), as well as the majestic Mount Shasta.

In fact, IMHO the above three attractions together with Southern
Oregon's unforgettable Crater Lake form a perfect itinerary for
a 7-10 day photo shoot + vacation, close to nature and far from
the crowds.  Picturesque if somewhat frozen in time little towns,
moderate prices, and the best Pinot Noirs in North America from
the small So. Oregon wineries make it simply irresistible.

Happy trails,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx