Re:[OM] Baty

Subject: Re:[OM] Baty
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 23:32:35 -0400
Brian Robinson wrote:
"Giles" wrote:
>> It made a nice change from ticks and midges and was easier to remove
than one I encountered a few years ago that was asleep and hanging
upside down on the bedroom wall. <<
>Where the hell do you live? Transelvania?

While I would rather let Giles answer that question, I know that bats do
come into one's bedroom even in Baltimore!

No, no bats appeared in my bedroom yet, but when I moved into a rented
single-family home several years not too far away from where I currently
live, I was told that my next-door neighbor had to encounter a bat in her
bedroom.  It became the talk of the neighborhood.  I don't know why bats
would like to enter a bedroom with a female member of our human species.
The area of Baltimore where I used to live is a residencial neighborhood,
but has many tall trees and is close to a stream called Herring Run.  They
must have had some herrings in the stream.

The biggest problem I had with wildlife while I was living there was
squirrels getting into the attic.  My landlord set a trap and caught one
several times, but released them in the proximity of the house so it kept
coming back.  I have once taken a photograph of one of the squirrels still
in a trap on my front porch with my OM-4T.
The landlord refused to plug holes into the attic, nor would he fix a broken
board in  the ceiling of the roof over the porch, which invited a bird to
nest.  I ended up moving out of the house that year.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
Home Page: http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/