[OM] OM5

Subject: [OM] OM5
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 22:33:39 +0100
To get back to an Olympus thread I thought that some of you may be
interested in the latest comment from Amateur Photographer (UK) re a
possible OM5 being launched at Photokina:

Olympus's Ian Dickens told AP: "There is this mythical OM5, but I can tell
you it's not likely". However Olympus's most recent launch of its budget
240UKP OM2000 has been its only 35mm SLR for some time, so some argue
Olympus is perfectly positioned to bring out another OM between the OM2000
and the 1200UKP (!) OM4-Ti. Watch this space.

Well, we can hope - and of course Olympus UK would (presumably?) know if
such a camera were on its way - there must be a pretty long lead time on
these things. Bluff or double bluff?

David