Re: [OM] Please recommend repair tech in So. Cal./LA

Subject: Re: [OM] Please recommend repair tech in So. Cal./LA
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 17:23:14 -0700
>Jason,
>
>Olympus America has an office in Long Beach, probably no more than thirty
>minutes from you. Providing you stay off the freeways during rush hour, of
>course. :-) I've used them in the past with good results. I can't remember
>the phone number, but directory assistance, or the phone book, can fill in
>the blanks. Good luck and have fun with your new toy.
>
>Regards,
>John Austin
>

>>Gary Reese wrote:
>>Besides Camtech, you can also have Olympus America CLA it.  They have a
>>number of service centers, although I've always used Rolling Meadows, IL at
>>847-255-9500.

Thanks, John. I learned something new about the place I live. Oly used to
be in Fountain Valley, they have either moved or opened a new facility in
Long Beach. Probably cheaper rent in Long Beach. I called the number at
5:15 P.M. and they have a recorded message. They are open 8-5, M-F. And the
message mentions that they accept camera repair drop-offs. Location:

Olympus America
3900 Kilroy Airport Way
Long Beach
1-562-492-5700

I bought an OM1n about 4 years ago that seemed to be in pretty good shape,
but it had an SSA number engraved on the bottom which lowered the price. I
took it to Oly USA in Fountain Valley and they did a CLA and replaced the
bottom plate for about $80.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California