Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #361

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #361
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:12:46 -0800
On  9 Jul 98 at 8:31, Felix Collins wrote:

> >>Reala = about $4.63US for 135-36
> >>Velvia = about $5.75US for 135-36
> >
> >Velvia here $15.
> >
> >Foxy
> Velvia here $20 - $25 (New Zealand)

I just happened to call today for prices (Victoria):

Velvia  $15 w/local processing
GPX 135-36 $7
GPX 120  $6
NPS 135-36 $9
NPS 120 $6
Fuji Pro 800 135-36 $10
PMZ 135-36 $9
PMZ 120 $6

Sounds like I'll be using GPX and PMZ for the wedding I'm doing in August, as
I've been asked to keep the price down.

I've had two good reports on GPX so far from the list (thanks), and results
from a friend's GPX work are also favourable. (I did notice GPX seems to
exaggerate reds in the skin tones though (as Marco indicated). My daughter's
birthmark, which is nearly invisible on NPS, is quite evident on GPX. Both
films were processed at pro labs.