Re: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, Release 3

Subject: Re: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, Release 3
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 98 13:03:03 EDT
garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Garth Wrote.
<< In addition, I'm thinking of sponsoring a contest for "Best New Submission"
over a certain period of time, >>

Once again I find myself saying "I wish I'd thought of that!".  A terrific idea
- the photo of the month (quarter, year, fill-in-the-blank).  I very much like
the suggestion of the submissions having some sort of topic or theme, be it
subject matter or equipment application.  The only downside I see with
equipment application as a guideline is it may be exclusionary if something too
rare is selected (e.g. 600mm and up telephotos or greater than 5:1 macro
photos).  But a little bit of good sense and consideration can solve that
matter.

I am a little unsure what a good time interval might be.  For starters, might I
suggest we use the seasons (i.e. the equinoxes and solstices) as our guide?
While the weather may be very different at those times around the world, those
time intervals are universally agreed upon.  Fewer than that is too dull.  More
frequently would be more fun but too much work to keep up with I think.
Especially for Garth - I don't suppose he can quit his day job just yet <g>.

But I'm ready for some good sport and learn a few lessons along the way.

John P