[OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, Release 3

Subject: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, Release 3
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 21:59:27 -0600
Hi, everyone.

Since the last release of the Gallery (cunningly redisorganized under the
guiding spirit of Gary "Crack that Whip" Schloss), several of you have been so
kind as to submit new entries.

I hope to have a clear day this weekend (probably Saturday) to do the dirty,
placing all your lovely pics up on the site.  I'm also pleased to announce that
we've finally broken the gender barrier on the site -- Soenke Jansen of
Hamburg, Germany has submitted some of her work (and fine stuff it is, too).
Now it's up to her to haras... er, I mean *encourage* the other females lurking
about to submit some of their work as well.  (By the by, Soenke, my apologies
in advance -- my German friend Caroline tells me I've been mispronouncing your
first name all this time.  Oh, the shame...)

In addition, I'm thinking of sponsoring a contest for "Best New Submission"
over a certain period of time, the judges being, of course, those who've
already submitted (no fair submitting something new and then voting for
yourself, though).  I'm looking into building a whizzy little voting applet,
and trying to figure out what the prize should be.  Shall we say, hmmm, a mint
condition OM-1n?  How about a real MR-9 adapter?  A white LED flashlight?  A
Hoya MC Sky 1B filter and a Hoya Circ. polarizer in the winner's choice of
diameters?

I know.  For those of you into "suffering for your art," how's about I offer to
put the lucky winner(s) up in the local Hostel International in the heart of
Old Strathcona here in Edmonton?  In summer it's nice, but at minus 40 in
February, well...

Garth