Re: Rubber Shades for Oly lenses (was [OM] Lens Filters?)

Subject: Re: Rubber Shades for Oly lenses (was [OM] Lens Filters?)
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:31:23 -0700
ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 7/7/98 12:28:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << >  I prefer rubber shades over the OM metal originals, too.
>  >
>  >                                      Doris Fang >>
>
> Hi All and Doris,
> I like the "Metal" OLY originals.  BUT, only if I can come up with a Cap that
> fits the shade..  I use a 72mm cap on my 24mm f2.8 and a 62mm cap on 35 f2, 50
> f1.2 and 85 f2.  This way the shades and caps are always on the lens in the
> bag.  A guy at a camera store gave me an idea to look for a Rubber Maid or
> Tupper Ware lid to fit over the shade.  Although I have not tried this.
> BW

Good idea! I like the metal shade which came with my 35 F/2.  It's just
a pain puttin it on and off.  I'll try the lid idea.  Also, Doris' idea
of just leavin it on with back-to-back end caps in bag is a good one
too. THANKS folks.

george  :>)

PS ----- Which issue of Shutterbug is the OM macro article in?  I looked
in the July issue yesterday and could not find it.  Thanks.