Re: [OM] Kodak GPX?

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak GPX?
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7 Jul 98 16:31:17 +0200
On Sab, 4 lug 1998 19:54, Shawn Wright <mailto:swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>I have a friend who uses GPX heavily and loves it. But I can't find
anything
>about this film from the Kodak website. It seems to be similar to VPS. Can

>someone shed some light on this?

Hi SW,

GPX is the standard "de facto" film for wedding photos in Italy. It is used
mainly in the 120 size, but many people do use it on their 135 cameras too.
It is cheaper than JP or Royal Gold, in Italy at least. It is a kind of
premium Gold 100 so to say (it is called "Ektacolor Gold Professional 160"
in fact). It has more saturated colors than VPS. It allows you up to 8x
enlargments with no apparent grain. In Italy we say it is more of "American
color" than "natural color" of VPS or Reala :-)))

Skin tones will come out a bit more red and yellow than the real thing, and
this is generally a plus. You cannot think of correcting colors too much in
print, since the bride dress shall rule over all the other colors.

Every film from 400 onwards shall show a bit of grain on an 8x enlargment.
If grain is your main and only concern, Royal Golds could be your choice.

The films of choice hereby for weddings are GPX, NPH and XP2 (to be
replaced by 400 CN?).

Marco