Re: [OM]Suffering for your Art

Subject: Re: [OM]Suffering for your Art
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:06:23 +0100

Ken Norton wrote:

> Kerry,
>
> Your snake/ridgeline story got me thinking.

Me too

I stayed with my family in a dude ranch in Tennessee which needed our 4x4 to
get to - wonderful retreat it was with a small river running through the
estate.  We went canoeing, my wife and I with our 2 sons (7 & 4 years old).  I
spotted a copperback (?) on a tree trailing in the water and waded across to
take a photo.  Julia expressed astonishment at my stupidity and I, in  return,
impatience at her timidity: "I'm in the water, it can't get me!"

Sure enough, the blasted thing slipped into the water and went right by me and
scared the daylights out of me.  The photo came out well and reminds me of how
little I knew about snakes!

Chris