[OM] Literary pretensions

Subject: [OM] Literary pretensions
From: Kerry Dressler <bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 20:56:20 -0400
 The incrediby astute "David J. Russell" <djr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Kerry,
I certainly enjoy your writing - it is both informative and entertaining. Do
you think
you could do a book? Illustrated lavishly with your photographs, of course.
Perhaps it could be part how-to and part autobiographic.?

Kerry Dressler wrote:
>Gee, Guys (& Gals) , that sounds like an intro into another one of my
>tales...

I've often tried to talk my husband into a "tell all" of the Biological
community. He has worked with most anyone who is anyone over the past 50
years and knows where all the plegerisms are buried...  but so far the
payments we have received for "NOT" writing it are keeping us silent.  As
far as a Photo based book, who knows?? when I can't haul myself up hill
anymore I might get the urge.(that's not too long into the future, too!)
I've written a sort of guide to Field Photography for Biology students (in
Spanish, sorry).. but it wasn't too humorous  my Spanish wasn't up to
humor. Giving a class on Field Photos however is great fun, because I use
all the shots that are unpublishable and should have been thrown away to
illustrate all the No Nos.. such as thumbs over the lens, etc. etc. etc.
Course, it leaves folks wondering why I was asked to give the class, as
they don't see many good shots..
Kerry

        Kerry Dressler                        Email:  bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Bio-Photo Services, Inc.                http://www.bio-photo.com
        21305 NW 86th Ave                       TEL:   (352)466-4215
        Micanopy, FL 32667             FAX:  (352)466-3151