[OM] Zuiko 20mm Macro Bellows lens problem

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 20mm Macro Bellows lens problem
From: Kerry Dressler <bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 08:56:34 -0400
As some of you are aware, I'm cleaning closets and consolidating my gear.
I found my 20mm Bellows Macro lens which I don't think I've used 6 times
because I don't get to photograph in nice surroundings. I only used it to
magnify sections of slides for reproduction.  The lens is virtually mint,
including all lenses, but between the glass I saw a few very tiny, regular
shaped black dots when I checked the glass with my magnifying lens.  It is
definitely not fungus, but Mark (om4ti@) suggested it might be flocking
from the inside of the lens??  I have kept this lens in a dry closet for
over 15 years. It might have been too dry for it, I suppose?  Has anyone
any ideas?  I wouldn't think this would hurt any photos taken with it, but
as I want to sell it, I'm really upset!

Of course, the second part of this question is:  what would be the value of
this lens, with & without this flocking problem?  I'm assuming I can send
it to be cleaned and have my "MINT" lens back again.

Thanks,
Kerry

        Kerry Dressler                        Email:  bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Bio-Photo Services, Inc.                http://www.bio-photo.com
        21305 NW 86th Ave                       TEL:   (352)466-4215
        Micanopy, FL 32667             FAX:  (352)466-3151