[OM] Re: OM-4Ti meter problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4Ti meter problem
From: jocke1s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 02:46:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hi again all,

The mystery continous.
My questions about the metering seems to have started
some interesting discussions. But my 4Ti still seems
to have some major fault.

I appologize for not checking this before but yesterday
I took some time (an hour or so *grin*) to experiment
with it.

My only conclusion, not regarding the OTF or other
interesting stuff, is as follows.

* Everything works as should be expected in Auto,auto spot.
* The exposure time ring is broken when in manual,manual spot.

So why is this ?

Well I might be making a fool out of myself now but hey
please don't kick me to hard if I am.

The exposure time ring changes the displayed exposure
bar in the viewfinder 2 stops !!!
I thought that opening up 1 stop f11 --> f8 would give
the same exposure if you just changed the time for example
1/30 ---> 1/60   ?
I think I got that right. Or ?
This seems to work just fine in auto.
But in manual this fun thing happen.

       Auto   Manual
2.8     30      60 -1 or 30 +1 stop on compensation dial
4       15      30
5.6     8       30 -1 or 15 +1 stop on compensation dial
8       4       15
11      2       15 -1 or 8 +1 stop on compensation dial
16      1       8
(Hope I got the + and - right there)

As you see this is strange. I supposed that if I
dialed in a 1 stop compensation I would go from
1/30 to 1/15 (for example) but I dont!!!!

So did anyone understand this ?
I will send my OM-4Ti in for service, and just hope that
nothing is really really expensive to fix.

btw I just got hold of a 65-200 so I will not allow
it to be unfixable :)

Best regards
Joakim Svensson